Tuesday, May 12, 2009

What is Driving You will Dictate Your Life

Today in class we had a discussion on love.  Can we really aim at attaining love and acquiring love or love is something that happens to you?  Do we do everything in order to get love and can we? Can love be achieved or is it something that has to happen on its own time within the right environment?  A couple of students stated that love has to happen.  I know a couple of people who is obsessed with gaining love.  Perhaps I'm one of them.  The lesson learned is that perhaps it is being liberated from our obsession with love may be the only way to find and experience that touch of love.  Chuang Tzu shares his wisdom:

"When you're betting for tiles in an archery context, you shoot with skills.  When you're betting for fancy belt buckles, you worry about your aim.  And when you're betting for real gold, you're a nervous wreck.  Your skills is the same in all these cases--but because one prize means more to you than another, you let outside considerations weigh on your mind. He who looks too hard at the outside gets clumsy on the inside" (Chuang Tzu: Basic Writings, trans. Watson).  

1 comment:

  1. After I initiаllу left a comment I seem to hаve сlicked on the -Notify me when new comments аre added- checkboх аnd fгom now on еvery timе a comment is аԁded I
    гecieve four emаils with the sаme
    comment. Thеre has to be a meаns you аre able tо remoνe me fгom
    that service? Thank you!

    My wеb page ... ephedrine hcl reviews
    My site > ephedrine hcl for sale

    ReplyDelete